Happy Wednesday friends!
I think that making relationships between clients and photographers is important, don’t you? Getting to know each other before a shoot just seems to make things go a little smoother. I love being able to relate to clients and celebrate milestones with them. I want to get to know each of you and I want you all to get to know me! So today…here’s a few things you may or may not know about me :)
- I think I may be addicted to Starbucks. Anyone else a part of this club? I’m somewhat ashamed of my slight obsession with iced lattes and caramel macchiatos. It goes against my inner crazy coupon lady and feels so wrong when I go! But then again, it feels so right… I justify my bad habit by using the app and getting every few drinks for free and by asking for gift cards for my birthday and Christmas! I just recently got a bunch of gift cards for Christmas and my birthday is coming up, so I should be good until mid summer!
- Like most women my age who are unmarried, I have an adorable furball companion that greets me at the door when I get home and loves me unconditionally. He’s my road trip pup and my snuggle buddy during naps. I can’t imagine the last 8 years without my Chandler Bear. He also usually serves as my model when I’m trying out new techniques or have an itch to take some photos! You’ll see plenty of Chandler’s face on the blog if you haven’t already.
- I do not like scary movies, not one bit. Actually that’s an understatement. Scary movies totally freak me out! I’m already super jumpy, like when people come around the corner, it takes my breath away sometimes. So to try and sit through a movie that is remotely scary, I just can’t do it. Even when we go to the movies and see a scary preview, I have to either leave the theater, (which is actually a great opportunity to get a refill on my drink and popcorn) or I have to close my eyes and think happy thoughts to myself.
- I am extremely frugal. I honestly can’t even remember the last time I bought something that was full price (other than groceries). Many of you already know that I’m an avid Dave Ramsey follower, and with that comes budgeting, to the extreme! I also think that I was heavily influenced by my mother since I grew up on garage sale clothes and hand me down furniture my whole life. My mom and I had to pinch pennies while my dad was going through medical school and residency. She is also a wiz with coupons! While I don’t carry around a huge 5 star binder full of them (like she does), I’ve been known to hold up the cashier line a time or two digging through my purse for coupons or searching online for some savings!
- I’ve grown very fond of cooking recently. I think this was triggered because I starting doing meal prepping in a never ending effort to be more healthy. I find it somewhat relaxing to chop up fresh fruits and veggies. I try a new recipe about once a week, sometimes they’re awesome and sometimes they’re quite terrible. Live and learn!
- I love going to musicals. I’ve been lucky enough to attend a handful of live performances, such as Wicked, Fiddler on the Roof and Book of Mormon. I love the whole idea of getting dressed up and going to see a Broadway performance. It makes me feel so fancy! But I also love musical movies such as Mamma Mia or Pitch Perfect. They’re about the only types of movies that I can watch over and over and not get tired of!
- I could eat cereal every single day. I just love it! Most people like pizza or ice cream, but I LOVE cereal! There’s so many different kinds! You can get sweet ones, healthy ones, or flavorful ones! And it’s filling. It’s definitely my go to dinner (yes, dinner) when I don’t feel like cooking.
- I used to be a tomboy. It wasn’t until college when I started diving into more “girly” things like fashion and jewelry. I never wore makeup until late in high school and even then it was minimal. I was also known to wear oversized t-shirts and cargo pants. Yes, cargo pants and skater shoes. What was I thinking?? I also loved going to my grandma’s house and walking down to the pond with a 5 gallon bucket to see how many frogs I could catch! I played softball and volleyball growing up and in high school, and even still play on intramural city leagues.
- I wanted to be a meteorologist. When I was in college I took an Atmospheric Science class and had an amazing professor that really opened my eyes to the effects of weather. I had always been interested in storms and tornadoes (anyone else’s favorite movie Twister?) and learning more about how weather and climate works, was incredibly interesting to me! I looked into switching my major and then realized that I would need to take 2 years of physics and that dream was quickly squashed. Back to reality. I did, however, graduate with a degree in Human Resource Development and am currently a full-time HR Coordinator for an engineering company here in Houston. While being a full-time photographer has recently become a dream of mine, I also love helping and serving people and my day job pays the bills! For now…
- If I could choose one talent in the world, it would be to sing beautifully. I guess tying back to my love of musicals, I love to sing! I know I’m not good at it, but that didn’t stop be from being in choir in middle school and singing at the top of my lungs when I’m on long road trips by myself. One time I even lost my voice because I sang loudly to myself for 4 hours straight! Hahaha…like who does that? This girl apparently!
So what about you? Can you relate? Post a link to your “10 things you didn’t know” blog post or your bio page! I’d love to get to know you better!